Search this site
Junior College Football
Arkansas State Home
Sun Belt Good, Bad, In-Between Week 1
Posted Sep 2, 2013
The 2013 season has started, so it is time for our weekly review of Sun Belt games played this week.
26. The ‘Toppers knock off in-state SEC member Kentucky for the second straight season.
was 27 of 34 for 271 yards with one TD. The teams were even in rushing but out-gained the Wildcats by 68 yards in the air. WKU was -1 in turnovers but overcame three turnovers for the win.
15. Once again the Bobcats start the year by beating a Conference USA team. Last year it was
. Texas State was out-gained 400-215 but they were +5 on turnovers. Trailing in the fourth, Texas State assembled a 75 yard drive to take the win.
31 (OT). Down by 14 at home at the start of the fourth quarter the Trojans put together drives of 66 and 59 yards to force OT and gain the win.
was a stunning 30 of 32 for 301 yards with one TD and no interceptions.
62 UAPB 11. The Red Wolves posted four 100 yard rushers as they swept past the in-state FCS. Arkansas State rushed on its final 24 plays to close out the easy victory. Transfer QB
was 9 of 12 for 149 yards with one TD.
Southern Utah 22
21. USA seemed to be coming together last season, and many thought if they protected the ball better in 2013 they could really improve. Trailing 10-0 early the Jaguars finally pulled ahead for a 21-13 lead. SUU then scored the final 9 points to take the win with a field goal at the final horn. The Jags out-gained SUU 335-37 but had the day’s only turnover.
21. Georgia State has struggled with their move from no football to FBS so this one was less surprising. Samford returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown but Georgia State was able to hold close most of the game despite being out-gained by 165 yards. Tied in the third, Samford out-scored the Panthers 21-3 in the fourth.
Arkansas 34 Louisiana 14. The Hogs winning wasn’t a surprise. The Cajuns not making them work harder was the surprise. Arkansas gained more yards on the ground than Louisiana had total offense 292-274. Broadway who struggled with consistency last year was 13 of 28 for 171 yards with one TD and one pick.
0. Again the surprise wasn’t who won, but the margin. Out-gained 429-166 the Warhawks managed a 0-0 tie after one quarter but then the Sooners pulled away gaining speed as the game wore on. Browning was 20 of 39 for 128 yards with one pick.
None this week.
UAPB Game Rapid Reaction
Sep 2, 2013
Views From The Stands - UAPB
Sep 1, 2013
Red Wolves 62 UAPB 11
Aug 31, 2013
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from AStateNation.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Arkansas State
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft